Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Roasted Chipotle Potatoes & Brussels


I always thought that Brussel Sprouts were disgusting. Maybe it stemmed from childhood memories I shouldn't get into here, but when my friend Emily said she loved them I had to give them a try again. Ever since then, I have fallen in love with them. Whatever you do, don’t boil them…they are best roasted. This recipe is so simple, but I have to share.

This picture isn't the best I have taken, but you can see the colorful delight the mixed potatoes and green vegetable would add to your plate. Unfortunately my children have the same distaste for them when I was young, but hopefully after repeated servings they will develop an appreciation for them as we train their taste buds!


Ingredients:

1 lb Baby Multi-Color Potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
1 lb Brussel Sprouts, quartered
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon chipotle
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.

In a large bowl, mix potatoes, brussels, olive oil, salt, white and black pepper. Spread veggies out on a large cookie sheet.

Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.

Remove from oven and sprinkle Parmesan on top. Serve immediately and enjoy. YUM!




No comments:

Post a Comment