Sunday, March 3, 2013

Grilled Lemon Ranch Chicken


This recipe is nothing fancy…just simple. I love simple. Especially during the week! We fired up the grill last week and served up a quick and flavorful chicken dinner. Think about it…this was quicker than frozen chicken nuggets. Sorry…I am just saying.

After a long day at work or taking care of kids, who has time to spend hours making a fresh and well balanced meal? 95% of the time we meet as a family at the table by six and tired children don’t wait for gourmet meals happily – at least in my house!

Flavorful grilled chicken met our meeting this night accompanied by sautéed garlic green beans with cheesy angel hair pasta. We chose angel air because it cooks quickly. Although I could do without the pasta, I have two growing boys to feed and they need some substance before sweet dreams. Something spicy or fancy usually results in after bed time visits with comments like…”I am hungry…can I have a banana?”

For this grilled lemon ranch chicken I prepped before I ran out the door for work with two coffee travel mugs full in hand. And yes, at seven am in the morning little 2-year-old Cole “helped” prepare the chicken and cut the green bean ends while our big 1st grader read to us about volcanoes.


Ingredients:

3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into 6 thin breasts
1 packet of ranch dip
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Canola oil for the grill

Directions:

Marinate chicken with ranch dip and lemon juice for at least 30 minutes or throughout the day, but not overnight!

Heat grill to medium. Using a brush or paper towel, coat grill grates with canola oil.

Grill chicken for five minutes on each side. Let rest for a few minutes and serve with your desired sides.


TIP: Remove chicken before you think it is done. TRUST ME! People over-cook/over-grill chicken all the time! Let the chicken rest a few minutes before devouring. 

2 comments:

  1. I usually use Italian dressing to grill my chicken but I'm going to try using the ranch dressing and your recipe! Looks really good. Coming over from your FB page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using Italian dressing to marinate meat and shrimp! So easy!

      Delete