Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spinach and Feta Potato Fritters


Third and final attempt at the Simply Potatoes 5 Ingredient Fix contest proved to be a winner. Now remember, this contest has to have 5 ingredients - no more, no less. Spinach and feta have obviously been proven combinations but when you throw in egg and fresh shredded potatoes this dish becomes simple elegance. 

My husband was so skeptical to see me preparing this, but after he tried it he even helped me name it. He called it a potato fritter and was delighted to know he would be having it again for breakfast tomorrow. 

Ingredients:

Olive oil cooking spray
20 oz Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
2 eggs
3 oz fresh baby spinach, chopped
6 oz. crumbled feta, garlic and herb

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spray olive oil on two baking sheets lined with aluminum foil.


Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.


Grab a handful of the potato mix and shape into a patty on the baking sheet. Repeat until you have 6 patties per sheet.

Bake for 15 minutes. Flip, smash and bake for another 15 minutes. Broil on low for the last 3 minutes to brown and crisp edges.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Visiting you from Linkin With the Ladies Blog Hop!! I am glad to meet you! New follower here ! Allow me to check with you every now and then, ok? Hugs to you dear!!!

    Im not a stuffed-food lover but I think you make me wanna change that!.. lol

    Hope you can visit and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete