Saturday, April 6, 2013

Garlic Cream Sauce Crisper Pasta Salad


This pasta salad was perfect for lunch all week. Totally random recipe created by what was in my crisper. For those unaware that is a drawer people keep vegetables in. In my house…I am sad to say the vegetables have out grown the crisper. Sad because, as you probably already know, vegetables cost more than boxed cupboard meals.

Hey now! I am not saying I am perfect sitting over here eating vegetables all the time. In fact, I much prefer meat and cheese for every meal. I purposely buy loads of vegetables in an effort to make sure I eat them. I hate to waste food (money). If I buy them…I will find a way to cook them!

Ingredients:

Salad:
1/2 lb pasta (I used whole wheat penne)
3 cooked chicken sausage links, sliced and halved
1 small red bell pepper, chopped
4 green onion stalks, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
4 large asparagus spears, shaved
1 roasted corn cob, corn removed

Garlic Cream Sauce:
1 head garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup olive oil


 Directions:

To make the garlic cream sauce, place the garlic, salt, lemon juice, yogurt and olive oil in a jar. Submerge an immersion blender in the mixture to the bottom of the jar. Mix for about 2 minutes or until the mixture reaches a texture similar to mayonnaise. You could also do this in a blender on high.



Mix pasta and everything else with sauce. Eat now? Eat Later? Both!

No comments:

Post a Comment