Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mini S’mores Chocolate Raisin Cheesecake



Chocolate covered raisins are for sure the star of this show. Sun Maid is holding their annual recipe contest and this excited the boys more than anything! Truth is…we haven’t had raisins of any kind in the house in a long time. I used to think raisins were “healthy” and we had a large supply every week to snack on. Until I found out what they did to their teeth!

Nevertheless this is a contest! When I told the boys we would be working on a chocolate covered raisin contest this weekend, you would have thought I said we were going to Lego land. Apparently I don’t give them treats enough!

 
We started this project in the morning to ensure they would expend any sugar induced energy well before cranky dinner time or whinny bed time. In fact we had a T-ball jamboree to go to during Cole’s usual nap time so we needed him to power through the day without a nap. No better way than a dose of sugar.

Searching for recipe contests online I found that Sun Maid was holding a chocolate covered raisin contest. Unfortunately, I didn’t have too much time to plan. I usually don’t do too much cooking during the week and if I do cook it has been planned and at least partly prepped. My husband does most of the weeknight cooking with my assistance.

Quickly I came up with a collision of flavors. Campfire S’mores meets cheesecake infused with chocolate covered raisins. Wowza! What a delight. Not too sweet and all flavors shine through with the brightest star shining…chocolate covered raisins.

    



Anyone who knows me knows I don’t usually dabble in sweets. The chaos it causes in the house is far too much for me to bear! Plus I would much rather prefer more meat and cheese or a tasty IPA over a dessert!  But I will do anything to win a contest. Small is usually cuter, not better just cuter, so I wasn’t sure whether to go with a mini muffin size or just muffin size. I tried both and mini wins hands down. The neighborhood boys agree and that’s all that matters.



If I were to do it again I would use a piping bag or device to create a better edge. Maybe even invest in a mini cheesecake pan? Oh well! These are good and that is all that matters. Time to move on, I won’t post the recipe now because I think it is a front runner.  When the contest closes I will add it!


2 comments:

  1. I... I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to you for sharing this. I can hardly keep myself from jolting to the store to purchase the ingredients!!!

    Thanks for participating in the Showin' Some Love Blog Hop over at Modern Hippie Momma! :)

    Amanda*
    http://modernhippiemomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks Amanda! And I love your site!

      Delete