Sunday, June 23, 2013

Montreal Shrimp


Have you ever tried the Montreal seasoning marinade packets? We swear by them in our house. During the summer it is important to keep a good stash of marinades for quick meals.

I did a little research and came up with my own Montreal Seasoning. The trick with any marinade is to add a tablespoon of vinegar for better flavor infusion and juiciness.  I used my seasoning mix to marinade some sauteed shrimp and flavor my easy roasted Parmesan potatoes. 

My Montreal Seasoning:

1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon white pepper

Mix all spices and store for multiple uses. Good rule for me would be 1 tablespoon of mix per pound of meat.

Use as a marinade with 1/4 cup of olive oil and tablespoon of vinegar.

Use with quartered mini potatoes and 1/4 cup of olive oil. Roast at 400°F for 25 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious!! We love trying different shrimp recipes here!

    ReplyDelete