Sunday, July 28, 2013

STUFFED! Grilled Green Beans and Bacon Stuffed Onions with Gorgonzola


I thought I had a genius cooking moment when I thought up this one: sweet onions stuffed with green beans, bacon, garlic and creamy Gorgonzola cheese. Oh! Don’t get me wrong this tasted like genius. Roasted over the grill for a long time, the juices permeated the onion and stuffing. The creamy Gorgonzola paired so nice with the bacon and the green beans were soft to perfection.

If it was so perfect…what made it NOT genius. Come to find out many others have done stuffed onions before. Who would have thought? Well, I am not sure they did it like me. :-) You could really stuff an onion with anything and grill it. What about BBQ chicken? Ahhhh shoot! Another idea. Oh  well. Off to another idea.

But you might ask…what did I do with all of those extra onions from coring it out? Well I of course didn't waste them that is for sure. What I did was make a grill meal in advance for another day. Oh yes…the sweet feeling of dinner already prepped.     


No comments:

Post a Comment