Thursday, July 11, 2013

YUCCA


WARNING: Not for children!

We have no clue if “Yucca” is the right spelling, but what we do know is that other people should know about this refreshing tequila drink called “Yucca.” This drink has been a family folk mystery until now, but recently we decided to take a stab at it and it was quite the refreshing hit at our camping trip.

If you can’t handle tequila, take a chance and use a different adult beverage with other fruits. The possibilities are endless.

Ingredients:

Enough ice to fill 1 gallon size pickle jar
4 lemons, sliced
4 limes, sliced
1/3 cup honey
1 cup sugar
1 litre premium tequila

Directions:

Place all ingredients in the jar. Make sure full to the rim (if you need to add more ice or tequila – go for it). Close jar tightly.

Wrap hammock style with a towel and swing your Yucca! Then take turns shaking! Really this should mix for about an hour. 

Once a frozen layer starts to form around the glass your drink is done! Serve as is taking sips or pouring in a sipping glass.


5 comments:

  1. Omg that face! must be good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Mmmm! That does look refreshing. I thought "Yucca" was a root vegetable. When I first saw the title I thought you were going to make some kind of moonshine with the vegetable. Haha! I'm going to try this. I'm following you via Bloglovin'. Please follow me back. You have a fun blog. Have a good one!

    Vashti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I am sure you weren't the only one! I wish I had the picture of us shaking it in the towel cradle - it was comical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am co-hosting this week on the My Favorite Posts Showoff Weekend Blog Party. Thanks for connecting up!

    I host a (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop and a TGIF Link Party over at my place -- A Peek Into My Paradise... http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/ I would love for you to link up and follow (if you don't already) if you like what you see. =) I follow back - I love making new friends!

    Have a terrific week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete