Sunday, September 8, 2013

Garlic Fried Rice


Leftover rice…what to do? FRIED RICE! Maybe you are way ahead of me on this, but I discovered fried rice in the last few years only to lament the fact I hadn't known this easy dish before. There is always extra rice (especially if you are watching your carbs). Shamefully, I can remember many times I wasted rice.

Now I know! Extra rice means tomorrow’s dinner! You can literally make fried rice with whatever other leftovers or veggies you have on hand in the crisper. I am going to list my favorites below, but you can seriously add anything and have a quick dinner – as if you don’t already know this!

Instead of Chinese BBQ pork you can even use cooked chicken, ham or sausage already cooked and chopped for the same experience.  


Ingredients:

1-2 cups Chinese BBQ pork, small chopped  
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups mushrooms, small chopped
1 cup carrots, small chopped
1 cup water chestnuts, small chopped
1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 chicken bouillons crushed
1 cup green onions, finely chopped
2 cups rice, cooked and cooled (more or less of any kind)

Directions:

In a large pan or skillet over medium heat, sauté meat in vegetable and sesame oil with garlic, mushrooms, carrots, water chestnuts and pepper for 5 minutes.



Add soy sauce and crushed bouillons and mix well.

Add green onions and rice (breaking up chunks) and mix well.

One pot wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment