Monday, October 21, 2013

Maple Brown Sugar Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Everyone always says “you don’t roast your pumpkin seeds?!” Never have. Never wanted to I guess. But when I was carving pumpkins with the boys last night I came up with a different way to roast my seeds and frantically sifted them out of the carnage.

I say “we” were carving pumpkins as if they were doing some of the work – not really! The only part they played was to carefully instruct me on the look they wanted. Trying to extract the look they desired was a feat in itself!

Whether you like roasted pumpkin seeds or not, these are flavored quite different. Sweet and salty fall flavors make these a nice crunchy snack.

Ingredients:

2 cups pumpkin seeds, washed and dried (took 2 carved pumpkins to get that much)
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Cooking oil spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300°.

Whisk brown sugar, syrup, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.

Add pumpkin seeds and mix well.

Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with cooking oil.

Spread pumpkins seeds evenly on the cookie sheet.

Bake for 45 minutes. Cool and eat. 

2 comments:

  1. I love roasted pumpkin seeds but have never tried them prepared quite like this before. This is a must-try! Pinning!

    I would love for you to come over and link up at Wine'd Down Wednesday if you get a chance. We party every week from Tuesday evening to late Friday night! Hope to see you there!
    http://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/wined-down-wednesday-7/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't actually carved our pumpkins this year but if we ever get around to it, I'll definitely try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party.

    ReplyDelete