Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Quick Creamy Meatballs


I was craving some good meatballs and immediately reminisced to myself about my grandmothers Swedish meatballs. Creamy sauce and full of flavor moist meatballs was the mission tonight. The pantry…um…not so pantry-like and missing some items to make a traditional Swedish meatball recipe. Oh what to do? Improvise of course!

Improvising is fun for me, but instills fear in the hungry guys in my life. “Relax guys!” Confidence isn't something I am missing, but maybe caution would help sometimes. Not in this case. I whipped up some quick meatballs the night before and conjured up enough ingredients in the pantry to make a quick creamy Swedish-like sauce. Try it out!

Ingredients:

Meatballs -
1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cooking vegetable oil spray

Sauce -
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon white pepper

Directions:

Using your hands, mix all meatball ingredients together well. Shape meatballs into 1-inch size balls. If making ahead…refrigerate for the next day.

Mix all sauce ingredients together and set aside.

Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Spray with vegetable oil and brown meatballs on all sides for about 10-15 minutes.

After meatballs are browned, reduce heat to low and add sauce. Stir carefully and bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes.

Serve over noodles, rice or even fresh spinach if you are watching your carbs like me!    



2 comments:

  1. I've never thought of using mayo in meatballs but these creamy ones look great. Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party!

    Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither...until I didn't have any eggs! ;)

      Delete