Sunday, December 22, 2013

Backyard Pine Cone Holiday Ornaments


I am not crafty. Really I am not. Crafting is similar to baking. It takes precision, detail and patience – none of which are qualities I innately posses. I do however, love giving handmade gifts and that is a little difficult to do if you don’t make something.

This year I wanted to do something with the pine cones in the back yard. Our northwest pine cones aren’t the best looking for decoration but they served the purpose. Check out the step by step project below. Just make sure you give yourself a day in-between steps to allow for drying.
Although theses turned out great, I think I will stick to food next year for my handmade gift.

What you will need: 

Pine cones
Spray Paint
Spray Glitter Paint
Twine
Hot glue gun
Ribbon 

Directions:

Collect pine cones (Cole and I collected way too many). Let dry for many days and clean off any excess debris.

Spray paint pine cones your desired color (I used evergreen, but I think gold would have looked nicer!). Let dry for a day.


Spray with glitter paint. Let dry for a day.

Using a hot glue gun, attach twine making a loop. Let dry for a day.


Attach ribbon at base of the loop. I used ribbons with twist ties already attached. 


No comments:

Post a Comment