Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cheesy Sausage Snowmen


Appetizer time in our house happens often. Its fun…what can I say!? This night I had kids, mommies and a few hungry men coming over. I knew my “health conscience” friends would be sure to bring some salads and veggies so I had to make sure we had something of substance on hand.

My friends are so creative, so I need to make sure I had something more than chips and dip. I came up with this crazy idea to make snowmen out of crescent roll dough stuffed with Italian sausage and fresh mozzarella.

As always, my vision didn’t turn out perfect. But hey! I am not an artist. Do they taste good? Do they look festive? Success!

Ingredients:

2 Italian Sausage links, grilled and sliced into 16 discs 
1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, rolled out, cut in half creating 16 pieces
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped into 16 even chunks  
Olive slices, carrot and pretzels for optional decoration
Toothpicks

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Place one sausage slice in the middle of a crescent piece. Top with a chunk of mozzarella. Gather dough up and around the sides. Lightly roll in your palm creating a ball. Place sausage side down on a baking sheet. Repeat!



Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes. 

Assemble pressing a toothpick through two balls from the top and decorate your snowmen!


Taste tester approved!


No comments:

Post a Comment