Thursday, January 2, 2014

Brewed Chicken Fajitas


Does it make any sense that I have been dreaming about this recipe for a long time? I know…I am ridiculous. Lately I have been trying to avoid beer (that is hard), but with just a 1/4 cup for the whole meal can’t be too bad! Any kind of beer will work, dark is best, we used an Espresso Stout and that worked out great. Everything tastes really fresh and the veggies have a bit of a crunch. This recipe made for excellent lunch leftovers. 


Ingredients:
1/4 cup beer
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
1 cup sliced sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
Cooking spray
8 small corn/flour tortillas (I use a combination
Optional toppings:
Smoked cheddar cheese
1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
Fresh Salsa
Sour cream
Cilantro, chopped

Directions:

Combine beer, soy sauce, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, chili powder, black pepper, garlic, chicken, onion and bell peppers – mixing well. Marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour (I marinated before I ran out the door in the morning for work).

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken and vegetables to pan; cook for 10 minutes or until done; stirring often. Serve with cheese, jalapeño, salsa, sour cream, and cilantro, if desired.




I like to chop everything up before assembling my fajita and brown in a hot skillet pan and fold before eating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment