Thursday, February 6, 2014

Mesquite Chicken Broccoli Slaw


Talk about a crazy idea gone good! I was seriously combing my fridge deciding what needed to be cooked, added to the grocery list or even frozen if I wasn’t going to get to it in time! I found some chicken and broccoli slaw that needed to be cooked or consumed by this weekend and I knew I wasn’t going to get to it with everything going on. Of course not wanting to waste anything and intending on having healthy food at my finger tips, I had a genius idea. Yes genius. Go ahead and laugh. This is my genius zone. LOL! Four ingredients later I have an awesome lunch, dinner or side dish at my finger tips! So easy (I know I say that all the time, but it really was simple).


Ingredients:

1 lb chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into small chunks
1/2 cup Lawry’s Mesquite Marinade
12 ounce package of broccoli slaw
16 ounces skim cottage cheese

Directions:
  
Marinate chicken chunks for at least 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 400°F.

In a 9x9 baking dish, bake chicken in marinade for 20 minutes.

Let chicken cool for at least 10 minutes.


In a large bowl, mix chicken with raw broccoli slaw and cottage cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate and eat later.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great can't wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing at The Weekend Retreat, hope to see you back on Thursday http://mommyondemand.com/

    ReplyDelete